We believe that it’s important to support the focus of our Pastor and the staff at this church. We are one body and therefore must work together to support the vision of the church. Everyone is called to ministry in some way. We are all called to step up and be involved in missions to in some capacity, The Great Commission. Matthew 28:19-20, “19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Whether you contribute financially, journey aboard, travel a few hours to serve or donate your time and talent to one of the smaller committees, you are doing God’s work. We are in contact with God’s people daily. How you choose to do that is up to you. You can reach “the least of these” in the Body of Christ in so many ways. We believe it is our role to assist you in finding the right fit for that calling.
In support of the church, we believe it is important to offer opportunities to serve in these major areas: Global Missions, Local Missions, Community Outreach, and Benevolence. These areas are also known as Pastor’s “Four Pillars.” We stand by the idea that we must hone our efforts into a handful of missions, do them well, and do what is right by each. We will continue to pursue avenues that are in line with the Four Pillars, as well as strengthening relationships with our current missionaries and outreach partners. As our church grows, our outreach will as well.
The ultimate goal would be to see everyone serve in some capacity. Can you imagine if everyone gave 10% of their tithe to the church, and another 10% of their time and talent to serving? Just imagine how many lives would be changed!
We currently have several areas of need and outreach. Please pray on them and ask God to lead you to one area. Your contribution can be big or small.
Community Outreach Connections and Opportunities:
- Genesis Project – Apache Junction – Serving the homeless community in various ways
- LifeCare – Copper Basin and surrounding areas – Serving community members in need of a handyman or specialty services.
- Volunteering opportunities at LifePoint:
- Cleaning the church on weekends
- Prayer team
- Be a greeter or usher
- Coffee counter help
- Work with the children
- Lead a group or be present at YouthLife/YouthLife Jr. (Wednesday evenings or Sunday evenings)
- Samaritan’s Purse – Operation Christmas Child, and US Disaster Relief where needed
- Hope Women’s Shelter – Providing meals, teaching courses, donating items, etc. Hope assists local women in Coolidge and A.J.
- Christ the Victor (Food Bank and Clothing Donations) – Another STV church that we support donations.
- Community Events – LP Church picnics, Drive-In movie night, etc.
- San Carlos – construction work, prayer journey, and youth events
- Construction – various times during the year, contact Evan Thiele for more information.
- Prayer Journey – ½ day event, max of 10 individuals, any time of year you’d like! Only available for 15 yrs and older. Contact Veronica Thiele to set this up for your group.
- Youth Event – Scheduled for April. Contact Chad Roche for more information.
2020 Global Outreach:
All Global Outreach Options are funded through self-pay or fundraising. If you would like to help support Global Outreach by purchasing missions gear, click HERE to visit our online store.
- Leader: Trinity Cole, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Kisumu, Kenya Akili Girls Preparatory School
- Dates: Feb. 28 – March 11, 2020
- Informational Meeting – Sept. 15, 2019, after 3rd service.
- Leaders: David & Angela Noel, email: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Gales Point
- Dates: May 2020
- Informational Meeting – Oct. 13, 2019, after 3rd service.
- Leaders: Frank & Emily Ruiz
- Location: Davao City, The Father’s House, Barner Christian Academy
- Dates: Sept. 26-Oct. 7, 2020
- Leader: Becky Haas (Also available through Sun Valley Church, Gilbert)
- Location: TBA (Based on needs in the country)
- Dates: Fall 2020