We believe that it’s important to support the focus of our Pastor and the staff at this church. We are one body and therefore must work together to support the vision of the church. Everyone is called to ministry in some way. We are all called to step up and be involved in missions to in some capacity, The Great Commission. Matthew 28:19-20, “19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Whether you contribute financially, journey aboard, travel a few hours to serve, or donate your time and talent to one of the smaller committees, you are doing God’s work. We are in contact with God’s people daily. How you choose to do that is up to you. You can reach “the least of these” in the Body of Christ in so many ways. We believe it is our role to assist you in finding the right fit for that calling.
In support of the church, we believe it is important to offer opportunities to serve in these major areas: Global Missions, Local Missions, Community Outreach, and Benevolence. These areas are also known as Pastor’s “Four Pillars.” We stand by the idea that we must hone our efforts into a handful of missions, do them well, and do what is right by each. We will continue to pursue avenues that are in line with the Four Pillars, as well as strengthening relationships with our current missionaries and outreach partners. As our church grows, our outreach will as well.
The ultimate goal would be to see everyone serve in some capacity. Can you imagine if everyone gave 10% of their tithe to the church, and another 10% of their time and talent to serving? Just imagine how many lives would be changed!
We currently have several areas of need and outreach. Please pray on them and ask God to lead you to one area. Your contribution can be big or small.
If you are interested in speaking to us more, contact us by email at Missions@lifepointaz.com
Community Outreach Connections and Opportunities:
- Genesis Project – Apache Junction – Serving the homeless community in various ways
- LifeCare – Copper Basin and surrounding areas – Serving community members in need of a handyman or specialty services.
- Volunteering opportunities at LifePoint: Cleaning the church on weekends, Prayer team, Greeter or usher, Coffee counter help, Work with the children, YouthLife/YouthLife Jr. (Wednesday evenings) Leaders.
- Samaritan’s Purse – Operation Christmas Child, and US Disaster Relief where needed
- Hope Women’s Center – Providing meals, teaching courses, donating items, etc. Hope Women’s Centers assists local women in Coolidge and A.J.
- UMOM – Youth Homeless Shelter in Phoenix – Clothing, Monetary donations, volunteer opportunities
- Christ the Victor (Food Bank and Clothing Donations) – Another STV church that we support with donations.
- Community Events – LP Church picnics, Drive-In movie night, etc.
- Hope Women’s Center – They are always looking for new volunteers to teach classes, help feed the ladies that visit the center, etc.
- Genesis Project – Serving meals to God’s sons and daughters in the Apache Junction community. This unique service opportunity is available for older teens and all adults.
- San Carlos – construction work or prayer journey
What does construction look like at San Carlos? We head up at various times during the year and work on building or repairing homes. Little to no experience is required, just a heart willing to serve and an able body! Contact Evan Thiele, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
What does a prayer journey look like? You’ll spend ½ day, max of 10 individuals, with directors of A.R.M. receiving a tour of the Reservation. During this time you’ll hear about the need, how you can help, and pray over various communities! The prayer journey is only available for 15 yrs and older. Contact Veronica Thiele, email@example.com, to set this up for your group.
2020 brought missions lots of change!
All missions slated for 2020 are on hold until 2021. Please contact mission leaders with any questions.
2021 – All Global Outreach Options are funded through self-pay or fundraising. If you would like to help support Global Outreach by purchasing missions gear, click HERE to visit our online store.