What’s been Going on at LifePoint…
Over the course of the last 4 months, your church has been busy connecting with the community’s needs and trying to meet people where they are at in this crazy time. I know that as a group of pastors we are not the best at posting on social media and talking about all we are doing so I wanted to take a minute and show you.
Thank you for the support and continued outpouring of love that so many of you have shown.
Since March 12th:
- LifeCare Work Days, 3 full days (w/ teams) and smaller individual jobs as needed, some as many as 3 requests per week
- Medications (from the Haiti Trip) Delivered to San Carlos, HOPE Women’s, New Seasons Church, Genesis Project, STV Community members in need
- San Carlos Work Day
- Food Drive & Delivery – UMOM (new partnership)
- TV Donation Drive & Delivery – UMOM
- K&Q Community Garden – Amadeo Church
- Clothing, water bottles, etc., Donations Gathered and Delivered to HOPE Women’s Center and San Carlos
- Food Delivery – community outreach and food drive for STV only
- Food Delivery (Missions Sunday Funds) – San Carlos and UMOM
- Backpack Delivery – (1500 backpacks from GCU) to San Carlos
- Supported the local school system by providing a place and the volunteers to hand out lunches through the month of June
- Developed the infrastructure to go live stream, something LifePoint had never done in the past, nor were we set up for.
- Attempted to connect with over 300 households in our database and check-in with congregants, (if you did not receive a call I am sincerely sorry and would ask that you reach out to us and make sure we have your contact information correct and also give us a chance to talk).
- Started weekly videos for our youth of all ages to stay connected.
- Started a Thursday night zoom meeting for women to get together and connect
- Through the generous work and support of congregants have been able to donate hundreds of masks to local areas that needed them.
We’ve also formed new/renewed partnerships with Amadeo (Vineyard Pregnancy Center and Community Garden), Redeemed Threads, and UMOM Youth Homeless Shelter.
I am sure that I am missing some of what went on here for the last few months, but I know that God has sustained our ministry and given us a great opportunity to love our neighbors and community.
Looking forward to great things ahead.
May 27, 2021
May 6, 2021